Back to Top

Sunday 4 March 2018

Playing with the new Brusho,

Hi Stampers

Over this weekend I have been playing with the new to Stampin'Up! Brusho Crystal Watercolour paints. 



The Brusho Crystals available from Stampin'Up! are a set of 5 colours; Brilliant Red, Moss Green, Prussian Blue, Gamboge (orange) and Yellow. The crystals activate when they are mixed with water and are VERY concentrated, so you will only need to use teeny, tiny amounts of crystals to get an explosion of colour. We suggest that you dont take the lids off, but instead poke a hole in the top of the lid and then block it off with a tack as I have done here.



It is easy to mix colours together to get a new colour as I have done to get the purple on the top right hand side.


Below are the cards that I have produced using the Brusho Crystals. At first I did not really like what effects I was getting, but as I put together the cards, I was hooked. I have used watercolour paper above, but you can use normal cardstock and I am off to try shimmer paper as I am told that it works beautifully.













Below I have added the link to a video made by Stampin'Up! for you to see. There are also many more YouTube videos online to look at




If you would like to purchase the Brusho Crystals, follow the "Shop Now" link at the top of this page to purchase from my shop.

I would love to hear what you think of these experiments and which card you like the best.

Happy Stampin'

Jenny x

2 comments:

  1. Jenny, I am pleased that you like the Brushos I still am not convinced. I like the effect you got on your first card but I am a crafter who likes to be in control and with what I have seen with Brushos there is not much control. It seems they do as they please and it is a just 'wait and see' scenario. I have watched many, many video tutorials on You Tube to see if I can change my opinion of this medium but I no I am afraid that it still is not for me. I am glad you have changed your opinion of them though Jenny. Thank you for sharing this with us crafters. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lorraine, thanks for your comment. I agree that the Brusho is very unpredictable and you could never make the same card several times with it. However in a way I like its crazyness and making it up into cards was actually very easy.

    ReplyDelete

09 10