Back to Top

Wednesday 9 August 2017

Making a mask from a Stampin' Up! metal die - Oh So Eclectic Layers Thinlit die

Hello fellow Stampers
 Welcome to my mid-week blog



Welcome back to my Blog spot. Today I will show you how to make a mask out of acetate, a metal die and your paper crafting die cutter. I am using a Big Shot die cutter and the Big Shot plates. I tried a few times and failed until I got the right "sandwich" of plates.

First choose a die to use. Some dies will cut out the pattern in the middle of your sheet and others will cut out the shape ie a rose, on its own. You will have to try them out on scrap paper to see how they work. I am useless at knowing just by looking at the die.

The "Sandwich"
1 - Sizzix magnetic platform
2 - Sizzix Precision Base Plate
3 - Sheet of acetate
4 - Your choice of Metal Die
5 - Big Shot Die Cutting Machine


Once you die cut the acetate, this is what you will get


Hold the acetate in place where you want the pattern to be on your card. With a sponge dauber or a piece of sponge, use circular motions to ink the pattern on your cardstock.



Once you are happy, you can continue to put your card together as usual.



I hope you have a go at making your own free stensils from the dies that you already have. 

Happy Stamping

Jenny 

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10