Back to Top

Saturday 4 November 2017

Star of Light and Starlight Thinlit Card - Weekend Blog 4/11/17

Hi and Welcome to my Weekend Blog  

As of this week I will be showcasing Xmas cards using Stampin' Up! products. Today I am using the Star of Light Stamp set and matching Starlight Thinlit Dies, and the Merry Music Designer Series Paper 



I have made this card after seeingone made by Joanne Dibb on Pinterest.
I started with a sheet of Black cardstock, half an A4 sheet folded in half and burnished

I have stamped the sentiments on the front of the card using Versamark ink and Silver Embossing powder. Remember to used your embossing buddy as you do not want bits of silver embossing showing up on your back card



(Apologies for this "gray" black photo)

Once embossed, cut a piece of Merry Music DSP 10.5 x 8cm and then rough tear the edges to give you an angled piece. I then dragged the raw edges over the Versamark pad and embossed it with the silver embossing powder.
Attach these to your card front



Now the star.
Cut out the large plain star in Vellum and cut out the fancy star using Silver Foil paper. Attach the silver star to the vellum with the fine tip glue pen and then add to your card with dimensionsals. I have added a piece of silver thread behind the star with double sided tape.


Use a piece of white card for your insert and stamp it with a sentiment and a flourish of stars in black ink



I hope you like this card.
Do leave a comment below

Happy Stampin'


Card Recipe:

Card black 1/2 an A4 sheet
White card5 5/8" x 3 7/8 "
Star of Light Stamp Bundle - includes Starlight Dies
Memento Black Ink
Versamark Ink
Vellum Card
Silver Foil card
Silver Embossing Powder
Fine Tip Glue Pen
Dimensionals





Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10